Julia Bracelet for Arcos® and Minos® Par Puca® Beads,
find these amazing beads here:
You will need:
These flowers are so easy to make, yet look soo effective, specially when placed together in a picture.
1. first draw around a saucer or similar sized shape.
2. cut out the circle then cut around in a spiral shape leaving a circular space in the middle.
3. fold from the outside in, coiling the paper tightly as you go.
4. continue until you get to the middle section. This bit acts as a Base for the flower.
5. place a dab of glue on the middle piece of paper left and quickly stick the coiled paper to it. Adjust quickly if needed before glue dries (a glue gun works best as it sticks quicker)
6. repeat using different shades or patterned paper depending on your final design.
7. I glued the flowers into a heart shape using a glue gun.
You will need :
1. Make sure the cups are clean and dry.
2. Melt the wax according to the instructions. I used a metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
3. Once the wax has melted, add a couple of drops of essential oil and stir (I used a rose scented oil).
4. Carefully pour the wax into the tea cups about 1cm from the top.
5. Add the wicks and keep them in place by wrapping the end over a pencil or similar.
6. Leave to cool.
7. Once the candles have set, trim the wicks.
8. To make them into lovely gifts, wrap the candle in clear wrapping film (you can find this in most craft shops or florists) and tie ribbon around the top!
9. Your candles are now ready to use or give as gifts.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LEAVE LIT CANDLES UNATTENDED.
You will need:
1. Take an old broken canvas and using the craft knife carefully and completely remove the old canvas picture.
2. Paint the frame with some left over emulsion in your colour choice and leave to dry. You may want to give it a couple of coats.
3. Cut the ribbons to go across the frames. I used lots of different scraps of ribbon I had left over. Make sure you make the ribbons long enough to staple to the sides firmly.
4. Once the paint is dry, turn the frame over and staple the ribbons in the position you want them. I folder the ribbon over and put a couple of staples in each side to make sure they were secure. Make sure you pull the ribbon tight as you fix it, otherwise the pictures will pull the ribbon down when hung You can use as many ribbons as you like depending on the size of the frame.
5. Take an additional piece of ribbon and staple it to the top as shown so you can hang it on the wall.
6. Once you have fixed all the ribbons across you can use some thicker ribbon to glue/staple over the back edge to hide the staples and make it look neater.
7. Finally attach the little pegs to the ribbon and your memo/picture board is ready to use!
Halloween Spider Web Wand
To make this wand you will need:
3 lollipop sticks
1 x kebab stick (or thin dowel)
embroidery thread (or wool/ string)
black paint and paint brush
1. First of all glue the three lollipop sticks together in diagonals as shown.
2. Then turn them over and glue the kebab stick (or similar) to the back for the handle.
3. Once the glue has dried paint the whole thing with black paint and leave to dry.
4. Tie the embroidery thread to the middle. ( I used 2 different colours but you can just use one, or you can use wool or string instead)
5. Starting from the centre wrap the thread around each of the sticks. Continue around moving outwards as you go until you reach the edge. Tie the thread off and put a dab of glue on the knot to secure.
6. Glue the spider charm to the middle of the wand and leave to dry.
7. Your wand is ready to cast some spells!
Halloween Bunting Tutorial!
To make this Halloween bunting decoration, you will need:
1. First of all make a template for your bunting shape out of white card.
2. Draw around the template on the black card and cut it out.
3. Repeat three times so you have three matching bunting shapes.
4. use a pencil to write out the words ‘BOO’ on to the white craft foam and then cut the out. (don’t forget to make sure the letters will fit onto the black card before cutting)
5. Once you have cut the letters out, glue them on to the card as shown.
6. When the glue has dried, use the hold punch to make holes in the top corners of each of the black bunting shapes.
7. Thread the ribbon through each of them.
8. Glue the bat shapes to your bunting.
9. Once the glue has dried you can use a silver or white pen to make a ‘stitching’ style pattern around the edge.
10. Then hang your bunting up for Halloween
You could make different variations or sayings if you want. Just cut out the number of shapes you need for the amount of letters! Have fun!
Ahoy There Shabby Chic Sign
You will need:
small pieces of wood with holes drilled in top for string
white & blue acrylic paint and brushes.
1. First of all paint the wooden plaque white. It may need a couple of coats, but don’t worry too much about the finish as it will give it a shabby chic look.
2. Oncethe paint is dry, use a pencil to lightly write your wording. This will help get the spacing right before painting.
3. Once you are happy with your wording use the blue acrylic paint to go over it. (You can use a different phrase if you prefer) and then the same paint to go around the edges to form a border.
4. Once the paint has dried use a strong craft glue or glue gun to stick the smaller anchor charm to the bottom right hand side.
5. Thread string through the top right hand hole and knot it to stop it coming back through.
6. Thread the string through the left hand hole and the larger anchor charm and knot it again.
7. finally use some nautical ribbon to tie a bow onto the string and your sign is ready to hang!
Upcycled Squirrel Clock,
I bought this lovely wooden clock in a high street store Sale for just £2.50!
As a fan of retro and vintage floral patterns, I decided to try and do a floral pattern in colours to match my living room.
I used acrylic paints in various colours to decorate the clock and just played around with different flower designs.
I hope you like it.
Tutorial by Laura Stephens
Magical Fairy Door Tutorial,
1. You will need:
7 x lollipop sticks
felt pens /biro
2. Lay 5 lollipop sticks next to each other to make the main area of the door and put glue up and down all the joins to stick them together. (It doesn’t have to be neat as this will be the underside).
3. Once the glue is dry, turn the door over. Take another lollipop stick and measure the width across the door. Cut the lollipop to fit with scissors. repeat this step to make the top and bottom supports for the door. Then take another lollipop stick and measure the diagonal area and cut the lollipop stick to fit as shown.
4. Glue the sticks to the door as shown and leave to dry.
5. To make a door handle you can use a button, bead or small resin flower. Glue into place.
6. make a little sign for you door using another small piece or lollipop stick. You can use a piece from the cut offs from earlier if there is any. I used a biro to write on the wood and then went around the edge with a felt tip pen before glueing it in place.
7. you can use pens or markers to give your door some detailing, such as hinges.
8. Your finished door!
9. Here as some more examples. You can design your fairy door any way you choose, using buttons or beads instead of flowers and decorating it with paints and pens. Be as creative as you like!…
Personalised Photo Cabochon Necklace,
1. You will need:
Photos, material or scraps of paper
You can use your own photos to make a personalised necklace or gift for friends and family, but you need the photos to be very small. Most printers and home photo editing programs have the option to print off a ‘contact sheet’. This gives you the option to print off much smaller size photos. You may need to play around with different pictures to see which ones look best under the cabochons. You can also use scraps of good quality wrapping paper or thin material.
2. Put some craft glue over the back of your cabochon
3,4 & 5. Place the cabochon onto your chosen image and press firmly. Hold down for a few seconds to avoid getting bubbles between the cabochon and picture.
6 & 7. Once dry cut your image out.
8. Put a little more craft glue on the back and stick the cabochon with the image attached into the setting.
9. Once dry you can add a chain to make a necklace or bracelet.